Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Jeep Life

My husband is now the proud owner of a Jeep Wrangler.  He has been looking for months and finally decided to buy.  It didn't take long before he found one he wanted to purchase.  After what seemed like forever to me, due to the constantly boiling over of excitement from both my husband and my son, we finally purchased and picked up the Jeep a little over a week ago.

{Travis in his first off-road drive}

Don't worry, we took all the bucks, ducks, and country stickers off.  It might have taken us down a few notches in the Jeep Wave Hierarchy, but I think we will be okay.  

{First ride in the Jeep--long day and very tired}

The kids love the new Jeep.  Not only that, but they love to hold hands in the Jeep as well.  It seems to be a new trend about which I am certainly thrilled. 

As I mentioned before, there is apparently a Jeep Wave Hierarchy.  I already knew there was a wave that Jeep owners gave to each other, but did not know that there are certain rules to the Wave.  After finding this out, I figured we would have points deducted for having children in there.  Quite the contrary--we actually gain points. "Children in vehicle: +1/each (for proper training/indoctrination), +2 if muddy, an immediate correction if not belted in."  

Since we live in a state where cars must be inspected before they can be registered, we attempted the vehicle inspection as soon as possible...and failed.  We have to adjust and add a few lights first.  There is apparently only one place in town that does this, so they will not be able to get to it for a few more days, maybe as long as a week even, due to how busy they are.  Owen is missing "his" Jeep already, and, admittedly, so am I.

Of course, now Mommy's car is just not that cool anymore.  Owen asked to have "fresh air" for his hair and was disappointed when I could not pull the top off of my vehicle.  He already seems used to the wind in his hair.  I love the feeling of the wind in my hair, but I do not care for the wind-blown look.  I must say, I do love the smiles and the giggles coming from the back whenever we go for a ride.  I could get used to that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment