Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Muffins


Recently, I was out having coffee with a friend when she told me about some delicious muffins she had made.  She said the texture and taste was like a regular muffin, but these had no flour.  No flour! I had to make them myself just to see.  She was right!  They are super moist, protein-packed, and definitely yummy.  You could even add some chia seeds for a little more protein.

These are also great to make ahead and just pull out as needed for a delicious, fairly healthy breakfast.  You can customize them to fit your tastes.  Either top with or mix in some of your favorite toppings.  I added chocolate chips as a mix-in, but you could do whatever you wanted.  Some possible mix-ins would be nuts, coconut, blueberries, dried cranberries, whatever suits your taste buds.  Enjoy!


Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

Ingredients

1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 medium ripe bananas
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp honey (or syrup), more or less to taste
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
optional toppings (chocolate chips / coconut / etc)

Directions

Preheat oven to 400°.  Line cupcake pan with liners or coat with cooking spray.  Blend all ingredients (except toppings) in a food processor.  Stir in mix-ins, unless using as a topping, and pour mixture into muffin cups.  If using toppings, pour mixture from processor into muffin cups and add toppings.  Bake 15 minutes.  Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.  Serve warm.



4 comments:

  1. Would you mind including a link to pinterest? I like to save my tried and true recipes there. These were very good and I will make them again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I'm so glad you enjoyed them! If you are on your computer, you can hover over the picture of the muffins and the "Pin it" button will appear. Just click on that and you're good to go. Also, you can repin the one I have on one of my Pinterest boards: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/287948969899300842/ Thanks so much for trying them out!

      Delete
  2. Do you have any idea of the calories for one muffin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Donna. From what I can figure, it is approximately 170 calories per muffin. Hope you enjoy them!

      Delete