Thursday, July 18, 2013

Busy with a Capital 'B'

Whew, what a week this last one has been!  Of course, I feel as if I say this every week though.  

This past Friday, I was getting ready and threw out my neck and upper back area.  Unfortunately, I tend to do this from time-to-time.  Thankfully, I have an amazing husband who, after running a few errands for work, came home to watch the kids for me.  It might have become scary if he had not--I was contemplating leaving the kids in their pajamas all day and just throwing food at them on the floor whenever they became hungry.  Okay, not really, but my daydreams were getting pretty crazy.

The next day, Travis' cousin and her sweet family came through town on their way home from vacation.  We met up with them at a local restaurant here in Charlotte called Bad Daddy's Burger Bar (if you're craving a great burger, you have to visit them if you're in town).  Travis' cousin has two boys just slightly older than Owen, so Owen was thrilled to see them!  

Owen saw them through the window where we were seated as they were coming across the parking lot.  He started yelling, "Hey, guys!  I'm over here!  It's me, Owen!"  Mind you, they had never met before.  

Addy really did not care much about anyone else, just her food, so she did not pay much attention to her cousins. Of course, we lost them too when the firemen came in to the restaurant.  It's hard to hold a candle (or the boys' attention) to a fireman!



Later that day, we went to a friend's house for Sushi Night.  I. Love. Sushi! The kids turned their noses up at it, but that just meant more for me.  The kids went to bed a little late that night from us being out, so, yeah, we overslept the next morning.  We were a little late to church, but I honestly did not mind the extra sleep.

Monday, I finally made it to the chiropractor, but that was all I was up for getting out of the house.  That was the first day I felt comfortable enough to pick the kids up again after hurting my neck.

Tuesday morning we went to see The Lorax at the Regal Cinemas here in town.  During the summer, Regal has what they call their Summer Movie Express.  Every Tuesday and Wednesday morning during summer they show different children's movies for only $1, so the three of us can do this for a couple of hours for only $3!  They are older movies, but that does not bother my kids.  

This was the second movie we had been to (we won't talk about the first time...), so I knew what to expect.  Thankfully, they loved it and we made it through the whole movie this time.  Owen would sing along to some songs (we've seen the Lorax just a few dozen times) and Addy was dancing in the aisle. Wish I had a video of that!

We went to two different farmer's markets this week.  The first one was all about pickles and popsicles.  Even though they are pricey, the pickles are worth it since they are so delicious!  I get the dill, but the man who sells them also puts a little hot pepper in there for just the right kick.

We had heard about the popsicle place that was going to be there called King of Pops.  They have popsicles made from all-natural ingredients.  There weren't many options when we arrived, so I bought the kids salty cantaloupe popsicles.  They inhaled them!  They were finished before me for once.





The other market we went to had some yummy cherries and berries I couldn't refuse.  Now, I just need to decide what to make with them.  It does not help Pinterest gives me an overload of delicious-looking recipes in addition to the ones I have made before!




We met up with a friend today so the little boy she nannies could meet Travis, aka "Owen's dad."   The kids played at a fountain there.  I had not wanted to go to the park since it rained last night because I knew the kids would find every muddy spot in which to play.  Well, they found the one little bit of dirt at the concrete-surrounded fountain and managed to get dirty any way, but they had fun, and I had a change of clothes for Addy.  Yeah, did I mention she was wearing white pants?! 



With my neck all out of sorts and such a busy week, I know this post is pretty long.  The next one will be pretty short, hopefully.  We are going out of town to get a Jeep on Saturday.  Owen is more excited than Travis.  Every morning, the first thing he talks about is going to get the Jeep.  Every morning, the first temper tantrum results from our telling him today is not the day.  Honestly, I think I will be the most excited of all since I will not have to say again that we are getting the Jeep on Saturday, not today, and then wait for the ensuing temper tantrum.  

No comments:

Post a Comment