Monday, December 23, 2013

Teacher Gifts


For my son's teachers this year I wanted to do something other than a typical gift card or other usual teacher gift.  I wanted it to be a little more personal and not seasonal.  I decided to do a personalized tote bag filled with what would seem like nice basic items, but that have meaning.  

Each bag was embroidered with the initial of their first name and filled with a frosted fern plant, a loaf of cinnamon chip bread from a bakery, a box of Sleepytime tea, and a card explaining the meaning of the items choices.



I printed the message on a craft paper cardstock and then placed a strip of glitter tape at the bottom for a little pizazz.  I trimmed the top and bottom with a decorative blade on my trimmer.  Easy and fairly quick.

The card reads:

Thank you for helping me grow
Frosted Fern

Thank you for nourishing with love
and the heart of Christ
Cinnamon Chip Bread

May you receive in return all that you put in me
Tote Bag

May you relax this Christmas (You deserve it!)
Sleepytime Tea

Love,
Owen

His teachers are fantastic and love the children they teach.  It was a simple yet heartfelt gesture to say thanks for all the time and effort they put into my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment